There are several laws, policies, and rules which impact how student life activities are implemented on college campuses. The links below will help a student life professional understand the complex legal structures for which they are responsible.
- Pertaining to Services and Activities Fees: Tuition fees, Established.
- Pertaining to Services and activities fees: Legislative declaration on expenditure.
- Pertaining to Services and activities fees: Guidelines governing establishment and funding of programs supported by, scope, mandatory provisions, dispute resolution.
- Pertaining to Technology Fees: While not technically related the community and technical colleges, the language of the RCW is helpful. Technology fees defined.
- Pertaining to Services and Activities Fees: Waiver of fees, persons eligible to participate in the department of defense tuition assistance program.
- Pertaining to Services and Activities Fees: Institutional student loan fund for needy students.
Chapter 42.30 RCW
OPEN PUBLIC MEETINGS ACT Sections
|42.30.030||Meetings declared open and public.|
|42.30.040||Conditions to attendance not to be required.|
|42.30.060||Ordinances, rules, resolutions, regulations, etc., adopted at public meetings—Notice—Secret voting prohibited.|
|42.30.070||Times and places for meetings—Emergencies—Exception.|
|42.30.075||Schedule of regular meetings—Publication in state register—Notice of change—”Regular” meetings defined.|
|42.30.077||Agendas of regular meetings—Online availability.|
|42.30.120||Violations—Personal liability—Civil penalty—Attorneys’ fees and costs.|
|42.30.130||Violations—Mandamus or injunction.|
|42.30.200||Governing body of recognized student association at college or university—Chapter applicability to.|
|42.30.210||Assistance by attorney general.|
|42.30.910||Construction—1971 ex.s. c 250.|
Open Public Meetings Act Training
- Learn more about the Act and get some training. Visit this link to learn more about the training from the Attorney General’s Office.
Chapter 28B.112 RCW Campus Sexual Violence Sections
|28B.112.020||Availability of institutions’ policies, procedures, and resources.|
|28B.112.030||Campus-affiliated advocates—Confidentiality of records.|